We are seeking a full-time Estimator / Project Manager
This position is accountable for scheduling, coordinating, and overseeing multiple projects including but not limited to scheduling of crews and/or sub-contractors, resolving day-to-day problems on the job site, and inspecting all work during the project to ensure quality and compliance with plans and specifications, while meeting budgetary requirements.
The right person will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, looks forward to different challenges on a daily basis, and approaches each day with a positive and energetic attitude!
- Oversee job site progress.
- Schedule and oversee all phases of the job.
- Assess, quote, and manage all projects to meet or exceed minimum profit standards.
- Talk with customers as directed and evaluate needs and opportunities.
- Assemble bid packets; approve and select vendors and sub-contractors; monitor work of all vendors and sub-contractors.
- Ensure all labor and materials are ordered in a timely manner based on production and installation lead times; order and coordinate delivery/pick-up of all materials required and ensure pricing meets established budgetary requirements.
- Perform safety inspection and quality control functions; manage and resolve punch lists and potential issues and problems.
- Prefabricated metal building industry experience.
- Field experience is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years estimator and/or 2 years as a project manager.
- Experience in sales and/or negotiations.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Working knowledge of Foundation, AutoCAD, and Microsoft office.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; talk or hear; walk; and use hands, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls.
- Driving is required throughout the day and the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts, in outside weather conditions, and may work in a loud environment.