Team UMA is busy using its geotechnical expertise to create the most advanced solutions for our customers’ challenges. Having completed more than 100,000 geotechnical construction projects, our Design-Build firm has the experience and the knowledge to produce the best designs utilizing the most innovative technology.
UMA offers competitive salaries and benefits for qualified employees. We are currently recruiting the best and the brightest minds to join Team UMA. Are you proactive, growth-oriented, reliable, and determined? If so, join us on our rise to the top.
I. Geotechnical Superintendent
A superintendent will be in charge of the drilling operations (solid stem, casing, down the hole hammer operations , hollow bar, and hollow stem auger drilling techniques, among others). The superintendent will run, set up, and operate drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes for geotechnical construction project along with managing designated drillers who also perform these tasks. This will include mobilization to the site and setting up and running of all aspects of a project. You must have experience in this field, to be able to perform this job, *please apply only if you have two years or more of experience in geotechnical construction.
This is a hands-on position you will be responsible for on-site project supervision including management of field labor, equipment, materials, safety and production. Other duties will include: studying plans and specifications for construction, managing skilled craft workers and laborers, procurement of tools and materials, conferring with all levels of staff from laborers to engineering personnel to resolve issues and improve construction methods, preparing detailed progress reports, logs and inspection reports.
TRAVEL: Frequent day travel and over-night travel required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to lift drill steel and materials weighing up to 80 lbs maintenance and repairs to drill rig (as required)
- Load and unload trucks
- Help move drilling rigs and equipment from site to site
- Set up of construction new site
- Managing on-site personnel
- Minimum of two year experience as a Superintendent in Geotechnical Construction!
- Mechanical skills preferred
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Class A CDL license a plus!
- Must pass company background checks including drug screen
- Must have an excellent driving record within company standards
II. Professional Engineer
Responsibilities will include activities such as subsurface data interpretation, preliminary designs, project cost estimates, project proposals, formal design submittals, record drawing submittals, etc. This position will also serve as technical support for our ongoing construction activities.
The following are examples of the types of projects to be expected:
- Soil Nail Walls
- Soldier Pile Walls
- Excavation Support Systems
- Slope Stabilization
Structural Foundation Support:
- Underpinning Piles
- Limited Access Drilling
- Helical Piers
Soil Stabilization/Grouting Processes:
- Chemical Grouting
- Lightweight Fills
- B.S. in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering required; registered Professional Engineer required. An ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills, professional-level verbal and written communication skills, and value engineering experience.
- Minimum of 4 years geotechnical experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Required overnight travel: 0-10%
Fred Smith Company
We’ve partnered on several interesting and unique state and municipal projects. In each case UMA has played a key role in helping us deliver excellence to project owners and the neighboring public. Their expertise in drilled foundations have played critical roles in completing projects successfully. We appreciate the relationship.
Catlin Engineers and Scientists
UMA responded very quickly to the needs of our project with the appropriate solution, and they provided the means and methods to implement that solution in a way that accommodated the complex site conditions.
City of Durham
The City has worked on two larger projects with UMA. Both projects exceeded our expectations and were delivered on-time and on–budget. I would encourage anyone seeking soil and structure stabilization to consider UMA based on the successful projects they have delivered for the City of Durham.