We are seeking a full-time Sr. Estimator.
This position is accountable for scheduling, coordinating, and overseeing multiple projects estimates including but not limited to quoting materials and sub-contractors in order to bid on design-build projects.
The right person will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, looks forward to different challenges on a daily basis, and approaches each day with a positive and energetic attitude!
- Oversee estimating schedule, and coordination with outside sales
- Schedule and oversee all phases of bidding.
- Assess, quote, and manage all bidding projects to meet accurate cost estimates
- Talk with customers as directed and evaluate needs and opportunities.
- Assemble bid packets; approve and select vendors and sub-contractors; monitor work of all vendors and sub-contractors.
- Ensure all labor and materials are estimated correctly.
- Design/Build building Industry experience or heavy highway.
- Field experience is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years estimator and/or 2 years as a project manager.
- Experience in sales and/or negotiations.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Working knowledge of Foundation, AutoCAD, and Microsoft office.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; talk or hear; walk; and use hands, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls.
- Driving is required throughout the day and the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts, in outside weather conditions, and may work in a loud environment.